Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ripped in 30-Week 4

I have finished Week 4 of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 series, and let me just say "I loved it!" I worked through Jillian Michael's book "Making the Cut" twice before I got married and twice this past February, but this is the first video series I have finished all the way through. I can honestly say that every time I started a new week, by the end of that week the workout was significantly easier. Week 4 included, even though starting out I almost threw up. No lie. Ask Hayden.

I feel so great about myself for finishing Week 4. The reason why I love to work out is becuase I love the feeling of accomplishing something that I couldn't do previously. Day 1 is always the toughest, and there were numerious times this past month I wanted to quit, but I wanted to prove that I was strong enough to finish this workout. I didn't do it for anyone else but myself, but all of you kept me going on the days I wanted to quit. I guess it is my competitive nature, but I love to push myself and to win, and I feel like I won something this week. I kicked Week 4's butt this week, and I am so proud of myself.

I also tried something new this week...RUNNING! Shocker! I hate to run, and have said I never understood how people can just go run for miles and miles on end. I thought they were all crazy, but I tried and well I LOVED it. More on that later!

Recap of the week!


Exercise

I started Week 4 last Tuesday, July 10, and after the first circuit of cardio that was 30 seconds of Plie Hops,which is where you point your toes to the outside, squat down, and then jump into the air while keeping your toes pointed, followed by 30 seconds of  jumping jacks with a high kick, then repeating, I was literally drowning. I could not breathe. I swear Hayden thought I was dying.

Circuit 2 cardio was killer too, with burpies followed by cross kicks. Burpies is when you go down into plank, jump your feet back to your hands, and then jump in the air as high as you can! Cross kicks are ridiculous, but even worse after 30 seconds of burpies! Cross kicks is when you squat down and jump in the air and cross your feet before you come back down. I wanted to die, and I believe this is where the throwing up almost commenced. But I made it through it, and then added in 20 minutes on the elliptical.

This week I worked out Tuesday, video and elliptical, Wednesday, elliptical 30 minutes and volleyball that night, Thursday, video, Friday, video and elliptical, Saturday, off, Sunday, ran outside for 25 minutes, Monday, video and 30 minutes on elliptical, and finally Tuesday, video.

I was experiencing knee pain previously, but I haven't had any trouble since Wednesday. I am hoping it stays that way!

I played volleyball on Wednesday in a league Hayden and I are in. I had so much fun! I immediately become super competitive, and start playing like I would in a real game. I probably look ridiculous diving and rolling, but I can't help it! I just get so into it! But I will say, hitting the ground at 24 (25 in a month) feels much different than 18 or 19. I have a huge bruise on my hip and my leg, but hey I got it up!!!

Okay, Sunday I wanted to workout before church but wasn't feeling the video. So I thought to myself, "Self, you should try to run." Now I haven't ran in quite some time. Probably 3 years or so. I have done sprints but nothing over 30 seconds! I hate running, and always have, but after Sunday I realized I hate it because I have always started running when I was really out of shape. You know how when you start running after not working out for months, and you run for 3 minutes and want to throw up? I thought when I started out down my block that is what would happen to me too, but guess what? It was the exact opposite!

I ran to a nearby park and that took me about 11 minutes, I wasn't tired and kept a pretty good pace but thought I should probably run back home, I ran home and thought " I could keep running, but I have church", so I stopped. Honestly, I felt like I could just run forever! Insert Forest Gump quote here! I loved it so much! 25 minutes of just me, Justin Bieber, and One Direction. I felt like I could conquer the world. I am not kidding!

The videos have helped me so much with endurance that I was able to run, and actually enjoy it! I can't wait to do it again, but that will only happen on the weekends when Hayden can watch Judah. I mean I can run, but I don't think I could run while pushing a 25 pound baby...yet!

Diet

I actually did pretty well this week. I made some great meals! Zucchini Lasagna, Salmon Cakes with Mango Cilantro Salsa, and Garlic Chicken Kebabs with veggies. All of these recipes are from Paleo Plan. Here is the link! http://www.paleoplan.com/recipes/

I used my handy dandy Fitness Pal app, and stayed on track! I only think I went over on Thursday because of those STUPID Texas Roadhouse rolls!

Progress

I lost ONE pound this week! I weighed 134 when I woke up this morning! I also lost some inches from last week!

Last Week
July 9, 2012
Weight: 135
Bust: 34.5
Chest: 31.5
Waist: 29.5
Hips: 37
Right Thigh: 21.25
Left Thigh: 22
Right Arm: 10
Left Arm: 10.25

This Week
July 17, 2012
Weight: 134 ( 1 pound loss)
Bust: 33.5 (1 inch loss)
Chest: 31 (.5 inch loss)
Waist: 29 (.5 inch loss)
Hips: Same
Right Thigh: Same
Left Thigh: 21.5 (.5 inch loss)
Right Arm: Same
Left Arm: 10  (.25 inch loss)

I feel so great about my results this week! I am glad I started measuring because the scale doesn't always go down! I am a little bummed that my chest just keeps shrinking but they are fat, and they are the first thing to go! Grr!

I took some pictures today but they are really bad and won't come out clearly, so I will take some with my actual camera and post soon!

My review of Ripped in 30: Totally worth it! I am down 1 size, down 2 pounds, and more inches than were recorded this week! My body is tighter, healthier, and my self-esteem is much higher. There is no substitute for hard work and healthy eating. There are supplements and things you can take but at the end of the day, you are in control of your health and the body you want. No one else is at fault or can change it for you. So buy this DVD, get your weight, and make a grocery list. Just do it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment