Monday, July 16, 2012

Ripped in 30-Week 3: Is the end really in sight?

Well I finished Week 3 of Ripped in 30 last week, and it was such a great workout! That week was a little tougher than usual with the holiday right in the middle of my week! Then Hayden stayed home on Thursday, and that really threw me off! We slept until 12:00 p.m. because my mom came and got Judah, it was amazing!

Some pictures of my sweet family on July 4!




I don't usually do well when my schedule gets thrown off...I am a control freak for those of you who know me. Since I slept in and went out of town, I missed last Wednesday and Thursday of my workouts :(
I needed more than one pep talk from my hubby this week. I have been a little discouraged since I haven't been losing weight, so Hayden stepped in a put it all in perspective for me.

He said that I need to remember that there is an end to the Ripped in 30 DVD, there is not an end to working out and eating healthy. He said that I need to not focus so much of my happiness on my image, and that eventually my body, and looks will fade. At first I was offended by this, but he is right.

I constantly find myself thinking I will be happier when I reach a certain weight goal, or when I am a certain size. I have almost made myself my own idol...sounds weird but follow me.  By focusing so much on my food, weight, and body I am not staying focused on why I workout in the first place. Hayden reminded me of that. I don't want to go back to the place I was before my wedding, where food made me feel guilty. It is not a pretty place!

I am almost finished with Week 4, but first here is a recap from Week 3.

Exercise

I started Week 3 on Monday, July 2. This week was so much fun, and by that I mean super challenging for me! I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. Then just did the elliptical on Sunday.

 There were these things called Rock and Roll Squats that I loved! You do a squat, drop to your butt, roll onto your back, do a reverse crunch, rock back on your feet, and then jump in the air!
The last circuit was focused completely on your shoulders, triceps, and biceps. You did pike push ups, tricep presses while laying on your side, and then tricep dips with one leg in the air! My arms were screaming!

Diet

I hate saying "diet" because I am not on one. I eat 1400 calories a day and just don't eat a bunch of crap. That is my diet! Do I slip up? Yes, all the time. Hence the pep talk from the hubby. I get down really easy when I lose control of my eating habits. Control freak remember? But, eating one bad meal doesn't mean you give up on the whole week. Missing two workouts this week and eating really bad on Wednesday, the 4th, could have ruined my whole week but I got back on the right track Friday.

Progress Pictures

Oh, and for next week I took some measurments and I am interested to see my progress after Week 4. I also discovered something encouraging! I looked at my measurements from when I got married. The "wedding body" is the goal I was working towards. Turns out, my measurements are pretty much the same, my weight is a bit higher, but my arms are smaller, my hips, and waist are the same. I was obsessed with reaching a goal I had already reached! Crazy. Anyway, here are the pictures from July 9, 2012, after I finished Week 3.  I know I am losing inches because my bathing suit fits much better, and my jeans and tank tops are hanging on me. I also feel so great when I work out. So if there is no difference in the pictures, or my weight, oh well!



I am finishing Week 4 on Tuesday, and it is killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment