Monday, June 18, 2012

To blog or not to blog....

To blog or not to blog?

I was talking to my mother-in-law, Debbie, yesterday while we were over there celebrating Father's Day, and she asked me if I felt like I wanted to go back to work or if I liked staying home. I told her no I don't want to work but I do need a hobby, or something to do other than making random crafts (not that I don't love it because I am really enjoying it). She said, "You should blog!". I told her I don't have anything to say anymore because I started the blog to keep people updated about my kidney donation and since I cannot donate, I just don't see the point. She told me she thinks I am hilarious, and loves how I tell stories and so here it goes, funny or not, I guess I will keep blogging :)

I am not sure what I will say but I think my life could be a reality show, if you include ALL of my family members. My siblings and I have been saying that for years. We would all be sitting around going, "Seriously, we could be rich if someone would just film the crap that happens to us!" If you have been following my blog, you would know that my dad needs a kidney transplant, and my sister and I both went through the entire testing process and many re-tests, only to find out we have kidney issues. We both have been poked, scanned, and had to cart around ice chests to hold our urine for 24 hours! Sound TV worthy? So I guess I will press on with my blogging, and hope that it gives some of you a laugh, maybe a tear, and above all else I just hope that it brings a little bit of happiness to your day :)

Moving on to my first or second blog post that has absolutely nothing to do with kidneys! But I promise, I will keep you all updated on my dad's progress. As of now, my brother is the same blood type, but we are not really sure when his testing process will begin because he has a bunch of camps, and a baby on the way, and he lives in Missouri. I  know he wants to donate, but he has obligations, number one being his little family. So I am not exactly sure how all of that will play out, but I will let you know.

Okay now I will actually move on to a blog post that has nothing to do with kidneys :) Yesterday was Father's Day! Hayden will probably kill me for this picture, but it is one of my favorites! I am so lucky to have Hayden as a husband. I know most women say that but I am not saying that because Hayden reads my blog...because I am pretty sure he doesn't! Hayden is one of those men that is always happy. Always! Nothing really upsets him, which is the total opposite of me. I like to think I am the right amount of emotional and rational but the truth is, I am an emotional basket case! So I guess we balance each other out. Hayden always gives me a kiss and hug when he gets home, and not out of obligation but because he is just super loving. He always says thank you, and that he appreciates everything I do. He will help me with anything, as long as I ask. He tells me all the time he is not a mind reader, so if I don't ask it won't happen :) He supported me when I told him I was miserable and did not want to continue to work. We knew I would eventually stay home, but he encouraged me to stay home and raise Judah. He is my biggest cheerleader, and my shoulder to cry on. I love him and the man and father he has become. We will be hitting the 8 year mark this July, and I love him more everyday.



Our Father's Day was jam packed with seeing family but I don't mind because I am lucky to have my dad and Hayden's dad around! We started our morning off at 1:00 a.m, yes that's right you heard me, 1:00 a.m.! Judah had a hard time going to sleep, he tossed for about an hour. This never happens at night, during the day ABSOLUTELY and more on that later, but at night he is usually out like a blind kid playing dodgeball.....not funny? Sorry, had to try and throw in a good joke, but according to Hillary and Chris I am not very funny, so I will keep those little jokes to myself! Anyway, Judah finally fell asleep about 10:00 p.m., and at 1:00 a.m. he woke up screaming bloody murder. Not the scream that means, "Hey mom come pick me up", but the scream that means he is about to have a complete meltdown, and he did! I picked him up and he lost it! After a few minutes, of trying to calm him down, I resorted to a bottle which we haven't had to do in 5 months. Not even that calmed him down, he cried through sucking down the bottle.Once he drank the bottle, he cried for about 30 more minutes before zonking out, and then woke up promptly at 6:30 a.m.! Oh Joy!



We let daddy sleep, it was Father's Day after all. Hayden woke up about 8:30 a.m. after Judah was back down for his nap. Hayden sat in his new rocking chair and drank his coffee while I went back to sleep! By the way, Hayden got his gift Saturday morning because I am terrible at hiding gifts! Seriously, I am an idiot. I got him a rocking chair from Cracker Barrell, and did not think to pull cash out first so he wouldn't know what I had bought him. Hayden is an accountant, he checks the bank account everyday to make sure we are on "budget". So Saturday morning, I asked him if he wanted his gift early, and he did this smile with his answer that let me know he already knew what I had bought him. I was SO mad! But after further thought, I realized it was my own fault! Judah made Hayden a painting! It involved many tears from both of us! Judah hated it! He cried the whole time because he wanted to eat the paint!

Pretty funny! This Father's Day was a little emotional for me towards the end of the day. It was my husband's first Father's Day, and I think Judah and I did a good job showing him how much we love him for taking care of us. Then as I was leaving dinner with my dad, I thought to myself, "I really hope this isn't my last Father's Day with my dad." I know it is a morbid thought, but I just couldn't help it. When I went to bed I prayed that God would save my dad and find him a kidney because I am not ready for him to be gone. I know I should have prayed that God's Will would be done in the situation but I couldn't. Happy Father's Day Daddy, thank you for being a man that I could look up to. Thank you for showing me what to look for in a husband and father for my child. Thank you for being you and never changing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment