Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ripped in 30- Week 2

I started Week 2 of Ripped in 30 Days this Monday, June 25, and let me just say my butt, obliques, and shoulders are on fire! I am sore, but I secretly love it :) I love it because I know I did something worth while today!

Some of my friends have asked me why I keep going back to Jillian Michaels' videos, books, ect. And the truth is because her workouts combine strength and cardio. You don't just stand there and do lunges. She takes it to the next level by doing something called "Pendulum Lunges with Bicep Extension" or "Sumo Squats with Triceps Extension." All her moves are compound moves, where you are working in the little muscles like shoulder and triceps with the big muscles like legs and butt. I am addicted to this stuff! Literally sweat pours down into my eyes and I kind of want to throw up, but I always finish!

Week 1

Exercise

I started last Monday, June 18, on Week 1. I started Week 2 this Monday. She recommends you do 5-6 days with at least one day of rest. I was bored by Friday, so I moved to Week 2. So here is proof that it works! I lost 1.2 pounds by Friday! I was so happy to see 135 pounds on the scale! I did that! I pushed myself, I watched what I ate, I sweat an hour 5 days this week so I will jump for joy over that pound! I feel great! I feel leaner already, more confident, and heck yea I'll say it, just a little bit sexier ( I am married! It is okay to say that ;)) Working out improves my daily life in so many ways, taking an hour to stay healthy, confident, and happy is worth it to me! I couldn't have done it without this blog, it keeps me accountable, so I have all of you to thank for that pound and that confidence!

Diet

I started using the My Fitness Pal App on my phone to track my food intake. I won't do it forever but it has helped me see how many calories are actually in a piece of breakfast sausage! Did you know 2 oz of breakfast sausage is 200 calories! So if you have 3 eggs at 70-90 calories each before you know if you may have eaten 500 calories ! That doesn't include the coffee creamier, butter, cheese, and pancakes I may have eaten! So right now I am in the learning phase of learning how much I can actually eat. I am not about to lose that hour workout to a doughnut and a sausage roll! So get the app, track your food, and lose that weight once and for all!

Struggles

I am not perfect and I do slip up! I am still working on keeping my weekends from ruining my week! I eat great all week and it seems like the weekends are such a struggle. This weekend we had a rehearsal dinner and a wedding. Italian food was the rehearsal dinner and I did okay be eating just the chicken of my chicken parmigiana. No bread! A small miracle! Now the wedding was a different story. I am not a sweets person (remember my obsession with thin crust pizza) but it was WEDDING CAKE! I tried to say no but I gave in and ate that delicious piece of strawberry cake...okay you caught me...I also ate some of Hayden's chocolate cake, some sixlets, flavored popcorn, and another handful of sixlets! Bad night! Don't judge me! So I am curious, how do you guys fight the weekend splurges? I am in need of some good tips :)

Progress Pictures

I really don't want to put this pictures up...like really don't want to, but you know what I am a normal woman. Size 6 on a good day with love handles and I am starting to be okay with that. God created me and I am perfect in His eyes and Hayden's no matter my size, although I do have shoulders like a linebacker (I swear I have the broadest shoulders but hey I think it makes my waist look smaller)!

So here we go!
June 18, 2012 136 pounds. I am not sure why this particular picture is such a bad quality, but I will try to do better next time. Oh and yes, I know I need a tan but I am against skin cancer and it is 100 degrees outside. Embrace my paleness!

 June 25, 2012. One week later, after finishing Week 1 of Ripped in 30.
I can see and feel the difference just this one week has made. I hope these pictures don't bother anyone but I thought about not posting them because I was scared of what people might think. Then I got over it! I did this to show all of you that all it takes is hard work and you can look and feel exactly how you want to. I have lost all my baby weight and I am close to my wedding weight, and I am normal person. Not a celebrity with a trainer and chef. You can do this! I would love for you to do it with me! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment