Monday, April 30, 2012

Committee Decision....One More Test

The transplant committee met on Friday, April 27. I was very nervous the entire day, but thankfully when you teach 6th grade there is not much down time :) I started the day off with a workout with my friend at school, and that definitely helped me work off some of my anxiousness. I waited all day for the call, and finally recieved a call from Kristi at 4:00 p.m.

I knew immediately by her voice that she was not going to say, "Everything went great! You are approved!", instead she told me that I had to do one more urine test because I was in the "low to normal" range for urine output. I was very aggrivated because in my original urine catch test the instructions were not very clear. You would think it would be easy...but apparently not. Basically, I did not do it correctly so the doctors want to take the test a step further and make me complete a Glofil test. I have to go and sit for four hours, drink a ton of water (at least one gallon) and have my blood and urine taken every hour for four hours. Sounds like alot of water right? I also have to drink 12-15 8 oz glasses of water everyday until the test. Ugh.

I felt very down when I left school on Friday and my phone was dead so I couldn't call anyone. I finally talked to my mom when I got home and she helped me see that the doctors are just being careful and this is all for my own protection. I know they are being careful, but I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I thought that I would finally be able to wrap my mind around this whole thing on Friday. This has been a long journey for me, but more so for my Dad. I know he is ready to have everything set and ready to go.

I think the Glofil test will show that my urine output is fine because I was already in normal range without doing the test correctly. I think good news is in our future.The test will be on Wednesday, May 2. The committee will be meeting again on May 11, 2012. Hopefully after this test I will be done, and the surgery can be scheduled.

Now I am going to share a story about my great husband!

Like I said before, Friday was not my best day but I have the greatest husband on the planet. My phone has been slowly dying on me by dropping calls, freezing up, and shutting down. I was able to use an upgrade, but a new phone still would have been in the $200 range and we didn't know if we would be renewing our contract. When Hayden got home with Judah, he was asleep in his carseat so we let him rest in the living room until he woke up. Hayden told me I will get everything out of the car, go relax....I should have known something was up. Ha!

He told me to close my eyes because he had something for me. About a week ago, I was giving him a hard time because his brother had given his girlfriend, Chelsea, flowers and I said the typical wife thing, "Why don't you ever bring me flowers?". Anyway, he said "Since I didn't get to bring you flowers I thought I would give you this instead." It was an Iphone 4s! Then on top of everything else, he put all my contacts on it and saved my pictures from my other phone. Then he took my and Judah to Macaroni Grill. It was the perfect end to a not-so-perfect day. He is so wonderful to me. I don't deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment